How did you both meet?
Match.com (we don’t talk about that much though… we kind of keep that between us. Lol).
2. How did your husband propose?On our way up to Charleston for our 2 year anniversary weekend.
3. What was your wedding inspiration? (think decor, overall theme and feel of the day, etc)
Old Florida, winter (citrus in bloom), cheerful and romantic.
4. What was your favorite design element of your wedding?
The citrus chandelier, the head table, the lanterns, the beverage napkins.
5. Describe some of your favorite wedding details and how you came up with them.
I loved the stationary we used, the donuts were bc every knows I’m obsessed with donuts, Stephen is a 5th generation Floridian so we liked keeping it as “old Florida” as possible, my mom made the seating chart (on an old window we bought at rennigers), she also made the gingerbread men from scratch (a recipe she uses every Christmas), we went with citrus bc it’s in season in the winter, the thumbprint picture was fun and interactive for guests.
6. What was the most memorable moment of your wedding day?
The bubbles! And exchanging vows, of course.
7. Please describe your cake (if any):
Vanilla cake with lemon filling, butter cream frosting and topped with kumquats.
8. Can you please list your vendors:
Dress: Solutions Bridal (Kenneth Pool)
Jewelry: Solutions (Maria Elena)
Hair & Makeup: LeJeune Artistry (all but brides hair)
Bride Hair: Carrie at Magnolias Salon & Spa
Event Planning: The Busy Bee Events & Design
Photography: KV Photography
Hotel: The Alfond Inn
Transportation (limo & send off): VIP Wedding transportation
Flowers: Fairbanks florist
Ceremony: First United Methodist Church of Winter Park
Officiant: Rev. David Miller (senior pastor, FUMCWP)
Church Coordinator: Diane Stadleman
Organist: Michael Roberts
Reception site: Casa Feliz
Tent, lighting, tables: Orlando Wedding Party Rentals
Band: Bay Kings Band
Cake & Donuts: Publix
9. Any advice for those planning their wedding now?
Confirm your menu the day before with the caterer!
Create a new email address to use for all wedding related things, it will help keep you more organized.
Read reviews and ask to see sample work with vendors.
Whenever possible, sleep on it! The dress will be there in the morning, the stationary will be there tomorrow, these decisions are BIG, important, and expensive. Don’t choose things impulsively, give yourself time to feel it out and think it over.
Enjoy the ride. Planning a wedding is tedious, costly and at times trying… There will be plenty of times you’ll look forward to it all being over. Then, you wake up the morning after your wedding, and BAM all the shopping, emailing, texting, prepping, stressing, and hunting for the perfect shoe will be over and you will be amazed at just how much you miss it. I know I miss it.
10. What was your biggest surprise on your wedding day?
The chandelier! I mean, we talked about it but I had NO clue how Lana was going to pull it off. She hit it out of the park on that one! Also, I didn’t realize just how popular the donuts were going to be.
11. What one moment will last with you both forever?
Our pastor may or may not have gotten a bit teary eyed while delivering his sermon. Some other memories will fade but knowing how moved he was in that moment (knowing how moved we were) will be there in our minds forever. It was so special.
12. Which moment are you the most excited to see in photos?
To be honest, I didn’t really see much of the wedding space. I never went down to cocktail hour, I never stepped foot into the bar area or the tiny courtyard so I’m dying to know everything looked.
I can’t wait to see pics of our guest smiling, laughing, drinking, dancing and just enjoying themselves.
13. What song did you walk down the aisle to?
Bridesmaids walked down to Cannon in D
Bride, Mendelssohn’s wedding march
14. What song played for your first dance?
Sam Cooke’s “Nothing Can Change this Love I Have for You”
15. What are you most looking forward to as a married couple?
16. What did you like the most about working with KV Photography?
The quality of your work is what drew us in, your personalities are what sealed the deal. My mom constantly comments on how much she loved having you two there. She said, you blended so well, you were always present but never in the way. You’re true professionals. I’d recommend you to any of my friends!